Explore the Potato Park in Pisac, hike to the Short Version of the Classic Inca Trail, and arrive at Machu Picchu through the Sun Gate (Inti Punku), just like the Incas did centuries ago.
Comfort Inca Trail 3 days 2 nights
Comfort Inca Trail starts in your hotel in Cusco; visit the Potato Park in Pisaq, where you can learn agricultural techniques, weaving, and cultural traditions of the villagers of Paru Paru. On the second day, you will hike to the Shorter Version of the Classic Inca Trail, visit Wiñaywayna, and arrive in the afternoon at Machu Picchu through the Sun Gate (Inti Punku). This tour allows you to visit Machu Picchu twice, one for the sunset and the sunrise, to have a complete experience of Machu Picchu.
Highlights of the Comfort Inca Trail
- Book with Confidence and Flexibility
- Visit the Portato Park in Paru Paru Village
- Spend two nights in an Exclusive hotel in Ollantaytambo and Aguas Calientes.
- Arrive at Machu Picchu through the Sungate (Intipunku)
- Enjoy our exclusive private tour.
- Support social projects in the places we visit
Price Per Person 790.USD
To book the Comfort Inca Trail, you need to make an initial payment of 400.USD per person, the remaining balance can be paid online, in installments, or Cusco with any credit card at no booking fees at all.
Number of Trekkers
|Price per person|
Day-by-day summary of Comfort Inca Trail
Day 1: Cusco – Potato Park– Ollantaytambo.- Pick up from your hotel at 8:00 am and drive for 1 hour to the Village of Paru-Paru near Pisaq. You will visit the famous “Potato Park” where the locals will take you to learn agricultural techniques, weaving traditions and discover their customs. Spend the night in a hotel near Ollantaytambo.
Day 2: Short Version of the Inca Trail.- Hike the Short Inca Trail in comfort with a private tour guide. After traveling by train to Km 104, You will hike for 7 hours along the Last part of the Classic Inca Trail, enter Machu Picchu Sungate, and enjoy the fantastic view with fewer people in the afternoon. Spend the night in a hotel in Aguas Calientes.
Day 3: Explore Machu Picchu.- After breakfast in your hotel in Aguas Calientes, return to Machu Picchu for a full tour of the majestic Inca ruins. Finally, in the afternoon, take the scenic train ride back to Cusco on board the Vistadome Panoramic trains. Arrival time is around 6:00 pm.
Included on the Comfort Inca Trail
- Pre-departure briefing the day before the tour
- Pick up and drop from your hotel
- Private, comfortable transportation with AC
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Entrance fee to Potato Park
- Entrance tickets for the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu
- Bus from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes
- Round-trip train tickets
- Vistadome Panoramic Train from Aguas Calientes to Cusco
- One night in a 4-star hotel in Sacred Valley
- One night in a 4-star hotel in Aguas Calientes
- Meals only mentioned in the itinerary
- All taxes Included
Not Included on the Comfort Inca Trail
- International or domestic flights
- Meals not mentioned in the tour
- Travel insurance
Huayna Picchu Mountain: It takes 2 hours to climb and needs to be booked far in advance: 75.USD per person
Machu Picchu Mountain. Different from Machupicchu Citadel, it Takes 3 hours round trip – 75.USD per person
Covid-19 measures to keep you safe during traveling
- Temperature checks for all travelers are mandatory
- Face masks are required for travelers and staff in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff at all times
- High-traffic places and equipment should be sanitized regularly between use
- Maximum eight people per group to reduce crowds; for bigger groups, we will assign two teams
- Transportation and touristic sites capacity will be reduced to 50%
- Printed material such as maps or vouchers will be avoided.
- 100% online payments with no booking fees at all
- Flexible bookings during COVID – 19 outbreak
Full Itinerary Comfort Inca Trail
Day 1: Cusco – Potato Park– Ollantaytambo
Your tour guide will pick you up from your hotel in Cusco city or Sacred Valley at 8:00 am. Then, drive for 1 hour to the Village of Paru-Paru, a typical Andean village located in the upper part of Pisaq District; Paru Paru is dedicated to farming different kinds of beans and hundreds of different species of Potatoes organically. In the last years, they have organized and created the “Potato Park,” where the traveler can learn agricultural techniques, weaving traditions and visit a short hike to Kinsa Cocha Lake and enjoy the variety of natural flora and fauna. Lunch will be prepared by locals using local organic products.
After lunch, explore the Local Market of Pisaq, and drive for 2 hours along the Sacred Valley to the hotel and get some rest before your trek the next day.
- Private transportation
- Exclusive Tour guide
- Entrance fee included
- Hotel: Casa Andina Premium (Hacienda) or similar
- Lunch included
- Dinner not Included
Day 2: Short Version of the Inca Trail
After breakfast in your hotel, you will be picked up from your hotel and drive to Ollantaytambo’s train station to train to Km 104. Upon arrival at Chachabamba (Km 104), you need to show your passport at the checkpoint and start the fantastic Inca Trail. First, it’s a 4-hour uphill to lunch. Along the way, you will visit the Archeological sites of Chachabamba and Wiñaywayna. After lunch, continue one more hour to Sungate, where you will first glimpse the marvelous Inca Citadel of Machu Picchu. Then, hike down for another hour until you arrive at the upper part of the citadel.
Enjoy Machu Picchu with fewer people; great for photos, and relax enjoying the sunset. Next, you need to take the bus down to Aguas Calientes, where we will have dinner and spend the night in a hotel.
- All transportation included
- Exclusive private Tour guide
- Entrance fee to Inca Trail and Machu Picchu included
- Hotel: Tierra Viva or similar
- Meals included
Day 3: Explore Machu Picchu
On the final and most important day, you will get up early, have breakfast in the hotel and take the first buses up to Machu Picchu. Once you arrive, you will take a short hike to Inca Bridge. Next, start exploring with your tour guide the best of Machu Picchu. The guided tour takes around 3 hours. You will then have time to explore on your own or climb Huayna Picchu Mountain or Machu Picchu Mountain (both are not included and are different from Machu Picchu Citadel tickets).
After you finish with Machu Picchu, you will have lunch at the Sanctuary Lodge hotel, then take the bus down to Aguas Calientes. Then, board the Vistadome Panoramic train back to Ollantaytambo, where our team will be waiting for you to transfer you back to Cusco. Arrival time is around 6:00 pm.
- All transportation included
- Exclusive private tour guide
- The entrance fee for Machu Picchu included
- Hotel: Not Included
- Meals: Breakfast and Lunch Included