Enjoy the beautiful scenery near Cusco, visit native Andean villages, experience spectacular views of the Sacred Valley. Huchuy Qosqo trek is the only tour from Cusco that takes you on a hike to the Sacred Valley.
Huchuy Qosqo Trek takes you to one of the most important archaeological sites in the Sacred Valley. Explore Huchuy Qosqo’s impressive Inca terraces, patios, esplanades, squares, pedestrian paths, three-story buildings, and advanced hydraulic system, and finish the tour in Machu Picchu Inca Site.
Highlights of Huchuy Qosqo Trek
- Book with Confidence and Flexibility
- Hike from Cusco to the Sacred Valley using an ancient Inca Trail
- Explore local villages, Lakes, llama, and alpaca land
- Visit the Huchuy Qosqo Inca Site and its natural wonders.
- Enjoy a Pachamanca Barbecue at the end of the hike.
- Beat the crowds to Machu Picchu before sunrise
- Support and visit our Social Projects
Price per person USD$ 520
To book the Huchuy Qosqo Trek, you need to make an initial payment of 200.USD per person, the remaining balance can be paid online, in installments, or Cusco with any credit card at no booking fees at all.
All travelers under 17 will have a $40. If you are 25 years old or under at the time of traveling, you can get the 40$ discount with your student ID. Please advise by email to give you a code for the discount.
Day by day Summary of the Huchuy Qosqo Trek
Day 1: Cusco – Tambomachay – Pukamarca.- TreXperience team will pick you up from your hotel at around 7:00 am and drive for 20 min to Tambomachay, just outside Cusco. Here you will start with a 4-hour uphill trek to our lunch spot at Koricocha Lake (3700 m / 12130 ft). Then, hike another 3 hours to Pukamarca Village (3800m/12,467ft). We camp in comfortable tents under teh stars.
Day 2: Pukamarca – Huchuy Qosqo – Aguas Calientes.- After breakfast, hike for 2 hours to Huchuy Qosco Inca Site (3650m /11975 ft). Explore this is a beautiful archeological place built by the Inca Empire more than 500 years ago. Lunch is a special Pachamanca barbecue with hot stones. Afternoon train to Aguas Calientes and spend the night in a hotel.
Day 3: Discover Machu Picchu – Return to Cusco.- Explore the great Inca city of Machu Picchu with an expert tour guide, and learn the history of this spectacular Inca citadel with your tour guide. Take the Vistadome panoramic train back to Cusco, arriving at the door of your hotel around 7.30 pm.
Included in the Huchuy Qosqo Trek
- Complimentary airport transfers on request
- Pre-departure safety briefing held in our office
- Professional Native Tour Guides
- Second Tour Guide for groups of 9+
- Pick up from your hotel on the day of the tour.
- All Transportation Included during the three days.
- Trekking Chef, Porters, and horsemen
- Emergency horse in case you struggle
- Horses to carry food, equipment
- Duffle bags where you can put up to 7 kilos of your stuff
- One night camping under million stars
- One night 3-star hotel in Aguas Calientes
- Two breakfasts, two lunches, two dinners
- Drinkable boiled water during the 1st and 2nd day
- Snacks, tea times, hot water provided during the hike
- Vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free options available
- Four men Eureka tents for each two travelers
- Sleeping foam mattress, pillows, hot water bags, warm blankets
- Comfortable Camping equipment (tents, tables, chairs, portable toilets)
- First aid kit, oxygen tank, satellite phones
- Entrance ticket to Huchuy Qosco and Machu Picchu
- Bus ticket to Machu Picchu (Round trip)
- Panoramic Vistadome trains back to Cusco.
Not included in the Huchuy Qosqo Trek.
- Sleeping bag, hiking poles, air mattresses (Can be rented from us)
- Breakfast on the first day
- Lunch on the last day after the Machu Picchu tour
- Entrance ticket to Huayna Picchu Mountain
- Entrance Ticket to Machu Picchu Mountain (Different from Machu Picchu citadel)
- Gratuities (optional)
Optional hikes after Machu Machu Picchu tour
Huayna Picchu Mountain – tickets cost an additional $75 per person. To book this mountain, you need to book far in advance; climbing takes 2 hours round trip.
Montaña Machu Picchu – tickets cost an additional $75 per person. You need to book in advance. It is the highest mountain around Machu Picchu with a total of 3 hours hike round trip.
Covid-19 measures to keep you safe during traveling
- Face masks required for travelers and staff in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff at all times
- Printed material such as maps or vouchers will be avoided.
- 100% online payments with no booking fees at all
- Flexible bookings during COVID – 19 outbreak
Huchuy Qosqo Trek To Machu Picchu
Day 1: CUSCO – TAMBOMACHAY – PUKAMARCA
The TreXperience team will pick you up from your hotel around 7:00 am and drive you the short distance to Tambomachay, located just 20 minutes outside Cusco city. Here you will start trekking to Machu Picchu!. The first part starts with a 4-hour uphill trek to our lunch spot at Koricocha Lake (3700 m / 12130 ft). You will pass beautiful lakes and local communities and see numerous llamas, alpacas, and birds along the way. Lunch will be served at the banks of the lake. Then you will continue for another 3 hours gradually uphill and downhill until we reach Pukamarca Village (3800m/12,467ft), beautifully nestled in the Peruvian Andes at (3800 m/12,467 ft). Here you will spend the night. Pukamarca is a small village with few inhabitants who survive and live mostly from agriculture, produce potatoes, beans, and raise llamas, alpacas, and sheep. You will warm water to wash, tea time, dinner, and sleep in comfortable tents.
- Campsite Altitude: 3800 m / 12,467ft
- Distance: 13 km / 8.1 miles
- Duration: 7 hours
- Meals: Breakfast, snacks, lunch, dinner
- Accommodation: Camping
- Difficulty: Moderate
DAY 2: PUKAMARCA – HUCHUY QOSQO – OLLANTAYTAMBO – AGUAS CALIENTES
Today is a relatively comfortable and relaxing day. After breakfast, we can interact with local children or visit their houses. The hike starts with a 2 hours hike to Huchuy Qosco Inca Site (3650m /11975 ft). A spectacular Inca Site anchored on top of the Sacred Valley, this beautiful archeological complex was built by the Inca Empire more than 500 years ago. The ancient citadel boasts farming terraces, temples, storehouses, water channels, big plazas, and spectacular views controlling the Sacred Valley, Urubamba River, and the Peruvian Andes. You will have plenty of time to explore and enjoy this beautiful Inca site’s beauty and energy. After exploring Huchuy Qosqo, hike for another hour downhill to Lamay, where your trekking chef will teach you how to prepare a special Pachamanca underground barbecue with hot-stones. You will have the chance to try the Guinea Pig or Cuy, the most famous Peruvian delicacy. After lunch, our private bus will take you to Ollantaytambo, “Last Living Incan City,” also known as the “World Capital of the Native American.” Explore these ancient streets of this Inca city continuously inhabity¿ted in the 14th century. After dinner in a local restaurant in Ollantaytambo, you will take the 7:00 pm train to Aguas Calientes to spend the night in a hotel.
- Aguas Calientes Altitude: 2000 m / 6560 ft
- Hiking Distance: 8 km / 5 miles
- Duration: 7 hours
- Meals: Breakfast, snacks, lunch, dinner
- Accommodation: Hotel
- Difficulty: Easy
DAY 3: MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
On our final day, we have to get up very early to prepare for the highlight of your TreXperience, visiting Machu Picchu – the Lost City of the Incas. After breakfast in the hotel, take the 30-minute bus ride to Machu Picchu and explore the fabulous Inca city with our expert guides. The tour starts the best in Machu Picchu, with ancient stone buildings, temples, palaces, and streets, and take time to relax on your own. After the guided tour, which usually takes around 3 to 4 hours, you will have the option to take an extra hike to Huayna Picchu mountain or Machu Picchu Mountain (tickets must be booked as far in advance as possible, and you can only choose one of them). Once you finish with the Inca citadel, you will take the bus from Machu Picchu back to Aguas Calientes for lunch (not included). In the afternoon, take the Vistadome Panoramic Train back to Ollantaytambo. Here our team will be waiting for you and transfer you back to Cusco. The drop-off will be back at your hotel around 7:30 pm.
- Guide tour duration: 3 – 4 hours
- Meals: Breakfast (hotel)
- Difficulty: Easy