Humantay Lake is undoubtedly one of the best one-day hikes in Peru. Spend a beautiful day exploring the fantastic mountain views, exotic flora, fauna, and enjoy our delicious picnic meals prepared by a local chef.
Daily departures to the amazing Humantay Lake located next to the Salkantay Mountain. Enjoy a picnic breakfast and lunch surrounded by the stunning Salkantay and Humantay Peaks.
Highlights of the Humantay Lake tour
- Book with Confidence and Flexibility
- Spend a full day exploring the turquoise water lake.
- Professional highly trained native tour guides
- Enjoy delicious meals prepared with local products.
Price per person: 140.USD
To book the Humantay Lake tour, you need to make an initial payment of 50.USD per person, the remaining balance can be paid online, in installments, or Cusco with any credit card at no booking fees at all.
We will pick you up from your hotel around 4:30 am and drive in our comfortable vans for 3 hours to Soraypampa, where you will have breakfast with a stunning view of the Salkantay and Humantay mountains.
After enjoying a delicious breakfast prepared by our trekking chefs, you will start a 2-hour hike up to Humantay Lake (4200 mt), located at the base of a mountain with the same name. You can also rent horses from locals.
Upon arriving at the lake, you will have time to explore the surroundings relax with the fantastic views of the mountains. Enjoy the local flora, native birds, and magnificent mountain peaks.
Next, you will hike down for 1 hour to our lunch place at Soraypampa. Our chefs will prepare a variety of Peruvian dishes in a buffet style. Later take our private van back to Cusco, arriving at your hotel around 6:00 pm.
- Transportation (round trip)
- Pick up and drop off from your hotel in Cusco.
- Professional local Tour Guide
- Entrance to Humantay Lake
- Medical kit with Oxygen in all our tours
- Picnic breakfast and lunch prepared by a local chef
- Extra blankets provided
- Trekking poles
- All taxes and booking fees
- Horse riding (optional)
- Gratuities (optional)
You must know before booking!
- We organize small groups every day at Humantay lake.
- Please advise in advance of any dietary requirements.
- Vegetarian, vegan options are available.
What do I need to bring?
- Warm Jacket gloves for the cold morning in the Humantay lake
- Sunscreen, hat, and sunglasses
- Comfortable shoes for hiking
- Extra snack, power bars, and 2 liters of water
- Camera or phones
- Extra money for emergencies around 200 soles per person
Covid-19 measures to keep you safe during traveling
- Temperature checks for all travelers are mandatory.
- Face masks are required for travelers and staff in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff at all times
- Printed material such as maps or vouchers will be avoided.
- 100% online payments with no booking fees at all
- Flexible bookings during COVID – 19 outbreak
You can cancel this tour for up to 48 hours, and you will get a full refund.