Spend a beautiful day exploring Machu Picchu with a full-day excursion from Cusco. Board the trains from the Andes into the Cloud Forest region and enjoy the mountains’ stunning scenery and the Urubamba River. Explore Machu Picchu with an exclusive Profesional Local Tour Guide and learn about its architecture, history, and the daily life of the residents.
Machu Picchu Day Trip will take on a full-day adventure from Cusco to Machu Picchu, exploring the Peruvian Andes from the high dry weather on the highlands into the Machu Picchu region covered with the cloud forest’s dense vegetation. Machu Picchu city is a complex of Palaces, temples, houses, storehouses, plazas, schools. The citadel lies in a high step ridge, surrounded by mountains and the Urubamba river. Scholars are still trying to uncover the mysteries of “the Lost City of the Incas.” Come and join me in this expedition to visit this ancient city abandoned in the early 16th century.
Highlights of Machu Picchu Day Trip
- Book with Confidence and Flexibility
- Start and Finish the tour at the door of your hotel
- Visit one of the New7Wonders of the World in one day
- Admire the stunning scenery on the train journey to Machu Picchu
- Professional Native Tour Guides
Special Price per person: 320.USD
To book the Machu Picchu Day Trip, you need to make an initial payment of 200.USD per person, the remaining balance can be paid online, in installments, or Cusco with any credit card at no booking fees at all.
All travelers under 17 will have a $40. If you are 25 years old or under at the time of traveling, you can get the 40$ discount with your student ID. Would you please advise by email to give you a code for the discount?
Itinerary of Machu Picchu Day Trip.
Cusco – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco
Pick up from your hotel around 4:00 am depending on the train schedule, and drive along the mountains until Ollantaytambo, a place where you will take the 1:30 minute train ride to Machu Picchu Pueblo (Aguas Calientes). The Train ride starts in the Peruvian Andes. It will end in the cloud forest, experiencing the fastest change in the landscape, following the Urubamba river that runs along the mountains until it becomes the Amazon.
Upon arrival to Aguas Calientes city, your tour guide will be waiting for you to show you the best part of the town and give a free time so you can explore the city to later go to the bus terminal that takes you on a 30 minutes beautiful ride up to Machu Picchu and enter the citadel. Once in Machu Picchu and passing the CheckPoint, you will have a 3 to 4 hours guided tour by your English-speaking guide showing you the best of this legendary lost city build between heaven and earth surrounded by magnificent mountains, explore the most important places, learn about Incan history, new clues about Machu Picchu.
After the tour, you will have free time to explore Machu Picchu by yourself. You will catch the bus back to Aguas Calientes for lunch (not included). After, board the train and bus back to Cusco. The estimated arrival time is 8.30 pm back to your hotel.
Included in the Machu Picchu Day Trip
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from your hotel
- Round-trip transportation from hotel to hotel
- Train to Machu Picchu pueblo (Expedition or Voyager)
- Bus up and down to Machu Picchu
- Entrance to Machu Picchu
- Train from Machu Picchu to Ollantaytambo (Expedition or Voyager)
- Bus back to Cusco, transfer back to your hotel
- Professional highly trained Local Tour Guides
- Tour will finish at your hotel
Not Included in the Machu Picchu Day Trip
- Gratuities (optional)
- Meals not Included
What to Take for this trip
- Valid, original Passport (a copy will not be accepted)
- Valid Student Card (if you booked as a student)
- A good quality daypack (light, small and comfortable)
- Water, hat, sunglasses, rain gear, warm clothes
- Sun cream, bug spray, personal medication
- Camera, extra batteries
- Extra snacks, power bars, chocolate
- Extra money for souvenirs, drinks, and tips
Important to know before Booking.
- Times might have variations depending on train availability.
- Meals are not included in this tour
- You can upgrade to a private tour
- You can upgrade to panoramic or luxury trains
Covid-19 measures to keep you safe during traveling
- Face masks are required for travelers and staff in public areas
- Travelers need to be fully vaccinated or have a Covid test
- 100% online payments with no booking fees at all
- Flexible bookings during COVID – 19 outbreak