Explore Machu Picchu in a private Private Tour onboard the Vistadome Observatory trains: Enjoy an extraordinary adventure from Andean valleys into cloud forest environments while taking in magnificent mountain and Urubamba River views. Visit Machu Picchu with an experienced, local tour guide who can explain the architecture, history, and daily lives of its residents.
Machu Picchu Private Tour with Vistadome Observatory Train
A private Machu Picchu tour oin board of the Observatory Vistadome Trains is an excellent way to experience the wonder of Machu Picchu in comfort and style. The Vistadome Observatory Train is a panoramic train class form the Peruraoil company that provides stunning views of the Andean landscape and passes through remote villages and historic sites.
With a private tour guide in Machu Picchu, you can customize your itinerary and spend as much time as you want to explore Machu Picchu with your personal guide. Your guide will provide insightful commentary and ensure that you get the most out of your visit.
During the tour, you will have the opportunity to explore the ancient ruins of Machu Picchu and learn about the history and culture of the Inca people. You can also take in the breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains and valleys from various viewpoints throughout the site.
After your tour of Machu Picchu, you will return to Cusco aboard the Observatory Train. This train features panoramic windows, an open-air observatory car, and snacks making for a truly unforgettable journey.
- Book with Confidence and Flexibility
- All-inclusive private tour to Machu Picchu
- Travel on the Observatory Train with stunning views
- Enjoy lunch at the Machu Picchu hotel
- Private tour guide from hotel to hotel
Private Machu Picchu Tour a Glance!
The private Machu Picchu tour on board the Vistadome Observatory train will start from your hotel in Cusco or the Sacred Valley and finish back at your hotel.
- 5:30 am - Pickup from your hotel in Cusco and transfer to the Ollantaytambo train station
- 7:45 am - Board the Vistadome Observatory Train to Aguas Calientes
- 9:15 am - Arrival at Aguas Calientes town (Machu Picchu pueblo)
- 9:30 am - Take a bus up to Machu Picchu and enter the site
- 10:00 am - Begin the guided tour of Machu Picchu, which will last around 2-3 hours. Your guide will show you the highlights of the site, including the viewpoints, the Temple of the Sun, and the most remarkable places.
- 13:00 pm - Lunch at Machu Picchu Sanctuary Lodge Hotel
- 15:00 pm - Return to Aguas Calientes, optional visit to the hot springs or shopping
- 16:22 pm - Board the Observatory Train back to Ollantaytambo
- 18:00 pm - Arrival at the Ollantaytambo train station and transfer back to your hotel in Cusco
- 20:00 pm - Arrival back to your hotel in Cusco city
This itinerary allows you to explore Machu Picchu at a leisurely pace while still having time to enjoy the amazing views of the Vistadome Observatory Trains and the charming town of Aguas Calientes. Of course, this itinerary can be customized based on your preferences and schedule so that you can tailor the tour to your needs.
- Pick up from your hotel in Cusco or Sacred Valley
- Private van from Cusco to Ollantaytambo
- Vistadome Observatory Round-trip
- Bus up and down to Machu Picchu
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu
- Lunch at Machu Picchu Sanctuary Lodge Hotel
- Private Tour guide (from hotel to hotel)
- The tour will finish at your hotel
- All booking fees & taxes included
- Travel Insurance
- Other meals not mentioned
Important to know before Booking:
- Times may vary depending on train availability.
- You can upgrade to luxury trains or downgrade
- Private tour with a min of 2 participants per booking
Full Itinerary Machu Picchu Full-day Private tour
Cusco – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco
Your tour guide will pick you up from your hotel in Cusco at 5:30 am and transfer you to the train station of Ollantaytambo, where you will board the Vistadome Observatory train to Aguas Calientes; the train ride takes 1:30 minutes from the highlands of Ollantaytambo into the cloud forest, experiencing the fastest change in the landscape, following the Urubamba river.
Upon arrival at Aguas Calientes town (Machu Picchu Pueblo), your tour guide will give you some free time for coffee or snacks; then, you will board the 30-minute beautiful bus ride up to Machu Picchu and enter the ancient Machu Picchu citadel.
A guided tour in Machu Picchu typically lasts around 2-3 hours, and your tour guide will take you through the site's main areas, including the viewpoints, the Temple of the Sun, and the Condor temple. He/she will explain the significance and function of these structures and how they relate to the broader Inca culture. In addition to the main areas, your guide may also take you to some lesser-known areas of Machu Picchu that are not typically included in group tours. They may also share some interesting anecdotes and stories that will help bring the site to life.
After the guided tour of Machu Picchu, you will enjoy a delicious lunch at the Belmond Sanctuary Lodge, which is the only hotel located on the site of Machu Picchu. This five-star hotel features a restaurant that offers a selection of international and Peruvian dishes and stunning views of the surrounding mountains and valleys. The lunch menu at the Belmond Sanctuary Lodge features fresh, locally-sourced ingredients, including vegetables grown on-site in the hotel's gardens.
After the tour, you will take the bus back to Aguas Calientes for lunch (not included), explore the town, and shopping. After, take the Vistadome Panoramic to Ollantaytambo. The estimated arrival time is 8.00 PM back to your hotel in Cusco.
The Vistadome Observatory is the only train after the Hiram Bingham Luxury Train that allows you to pass from one carriage to another one and also has an Observatory Lounge form where your tour guide will show the most beautiful land spaces and places on the train ride, enjoy the live show and Music.
Vistadome Observatory train:
The Vistadome Observatory Train is a luxurious train that provides stunning panoramic views of the Andean landscape and passes through remote villages and historic sites on its journey to Machu Picchu. The train features large panoramic windows that allow for unobstructed views of the surrounding mountains and valleys.
The Vistadome Observatory Train also has a unique observatory car with a glass roof that provides even better views of the passing scenery. This car also has comfortable lounge chairs where you can relax and enjoy the journey while sipping on a complimentary hot or cold beverage.
In addition to the spectacular views, the Vistadome Observatory Train also features a live music and dance show that showcases the cultural heritage of the Andean region. The show includes traditional music and dance performances that are accompanied by colorful costumes and props.
Benefits of a Private Tour Guide:
There are many benefits to having a private tour guide in Machu Picchu. Here are some of the key advantages:
- Personalized attention: With a private tour guide, you'll have personalized attention throughout your visit to Machu Picchu. Your guide will be able to tailor the tour to your interests and answer your questions.
- Flexibility: A private tour guide can work with you to create an itinerary that meets your specific needs and schedule. You'll have the flexibility to explore the site at your own pace and focus on the areas that interest you most.
- In-depth knowledge: A private tour guide will have in-depth knowledge of the history, culture, and architecture of Machu Picchu. They can provide insights into the significance of the site and share stories and anecdotes that will enhance your understanding and appreciation of this incredible Inca citadel.
- Access to lesser-known areas: You may have the opportunity to explore some of the lesser-known areas of Machu Picchu that are not typically included in group tours. This can provide a more in-depth and nuanced understanding of the site.
- Time-saving: A private tour guide can help you make the most of your time at Machu Picchu by prioritizing the most important areas to you and avoiding crowds during peak times.
A private tour guide in Machu Picchu can help you make the most of your visit to this incredible Inca citadel and provide a more personalized, informative, and enjoyable experience.
Private Machu Picchu Tour packing list
If you're planning a private tour of Machu Picchu, it's essential to pack appropriately to ensure you have everything you need. Here's a suggested packing list:
- Daypack: A small backpack or daypack will be necessary to carry your personal belongings, snacks, water, and any other items you might need during the tour.
- Hiking shoes: You'll be doing a lot of walking and hiking, so comfortable and sturdy shoes are a must. Make sure they are well broken-in before the trip.
- Comfortable clothing: Choose lightweight, breathable clothing that will keep you comfortable during the day. Layering is essential, as the temperature can change quickly.
- Rain gear: Pack a rain jacket or poncho for sudden rain showers. The weather in Machu Picchu can be unpredictable, so it's best to be ready for anything.
- Hat and sunglasses: Protect your face and eyes from the sun by bringing a hat and sunglasses.
- Sunscreen: Even on cloudy days, the sun in Machu Picchu can be strong. Bring sunscreen with a high SPF to avoid getting burnt.
- Insect repellent: You may encounter mosquitoes and other bugs during the tour, so pack insect repellent to avoid bites.
- Water bottle: Stay hydrated by bringing a reusable water bottle that you can refill throughout the day.
- Snacks: Pack energy bars, trail mix, or other snacks to keep you fueled during the tour.
- Camera: Finally, don't forget to bring a camera or smartphone to capture all the amazing sights and experiences of your private Machu Picchu tour.
Keep in mind that if you're visiting during the rainy season (December to March), you may need to pack additional items, such as waterproof shoes and a change of clothing.
Machu Picchu Private tour price
Price per person:
- From 450.USD per person for adults
- From 420.USD per person for children & students
To book the Machu Picchu private tour, you need to make an initial payment of 200.USD per person, the remaining balance can be paid online, in installments, or Cusco.
- 30$ off per person
All travelers under 17 will have a $30 discount.
Valid Student ID
To get the student discount, travelers should have a Valid ID with the following:
- 25 years or less at the time of entering Machu Picchu. Older than 25 can not enter as a student
- The ID must have the Name of the university, name, and photo of the student
- The ID must have a valid expiration date
Invalid Student IDs
Student IDs are not eligible for a discount when:
- Traveler is older than 25
- Expired ID
- Student Id without expiration date
- ISIC cards are not valid.
Similar tours you might be interested in:
Machu Picchu Private tour Frequently Asked Questions.
Below are some frequently asked questions about private tours of Machu Picchu:
What is a private Machu Picchu tour?
A private Machu Picchu tour is a personalized experience with exclusive access to a private guide who can tailor the tour to your preferences and pace. You'll have the flexibility to customize your itinerary based on your interests and schedule.
What is the best time of day to visit Machu Picchu?
The best time of day to visit Machu Picchu is early in the morning or late in the afternoon when the crowds are smaller, and the light is better for photography.
When is the best time to visit Machu Picchu on a private tour?
The best time to visit Machu Picchu on a private tour is during the dry season, which runs from April to October. During this time, you'll have clearer skies and less chance of rain. However, remember that this is also the busiest time of year, so booking your tour in advance is essential.
Can I book a private Machu Picchu tour in advance?
You must book your Machu Picchu private tour far in advance through a reputable tour operator or travel agency. It's recommended to book in advance, especially during the high season, to ensure availability and secure your preferred date and time.
Can I customize my private tour of Machu Picchu?
A private tour of Machu Picchu can be customized to your interests and preferences. You can discuss your choices with your tour guide and adjust the itinerary.
Do I need a permit for this tour?
You'll need a Machu Picchu ticket to participate in this tour permit.
Is a private tour of Machu Picchu worth it?
Yes, a private tour of Machu Picchu can be a worthwhile investment for those who want a personalized experience and more flexibility in their itinerary. You can explore the ruins at your own pace and ask your private guide as many questions as you have.