Enjoy a full-day Machu Picchu tour onboard the Vistadome Observatory panoramic train; we will take you on a fantastic adventure from the Andes into the cloud forest area and enjoy the magnificent views of the mountains and the Urubamba River. Explore Machu Picchu with an exclusive professional local tour guide to learn about its residents’ architecture, history, and daily life.
The city of Machu Picchu is a complex of palaces, temples, houses, warehouses, squares, and schools located on a high ridge, surrounded by mountains and the Urubamba River. Scholars are still working hard to unravel the mystery of the “Lost Inca City of the 16th century”.
Highlights of Machu Picchu Day Tour
- Book with Confidence and Flexibility
- Start and Finish the tour at the door of your hotel
- Visit one of the New7Wonders of the World in one day
- Admire the stunning scenery on the train journey to Machu Picchu
- Board the Panoramic trains to Machu Picchu
Special Price per person: 580.USD
To book the Machu Picchu Day Trip, you need to make an initial payment of 200.USD per person, the remaining balance can be paid online, in installments, or Cusco with any credit card at no booking fees at all.
All travelers under 17 will have a $40. If you are 25 years old or under at the time of traveling, you can get the 40$ discount with a valid student ID. Would you please advise by email to give you a code for the discount?
Cusco – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco
We will pick you up from your hotel in Cusco at 5:30 am and transfer you to Ollantaytambo to board the Vistadome panoramic train to Aguas Calientes; the train ride takes 1:30 minutes from the highlands of Ollantaytambo into the cloud forest, experiencing the fastest change in the landscape, following the Urubamba river.
Upon arrival to Aguas Calientes city, your tour guide will give you some free time for coffee or snacks; then, you will board the 30 minutes beautiful bus ride up to Machu Picchu and enter Machu Picchu citadel. Once in Machu Picchu and passing the CheckPoint, you will have a 3 to 4 hours guided tour by your English-speaking guide showing you the best of this legendary lost city Incas surrounded by magnificent mountains, exploring the most important places, learning about Incan history, new clues about Machu Picchu.
After the tour, you will take the bus back to Aguas Calientes for lunch (not included), explore the town, shopping. After, take the Vistadome Panoramic to Ollantaytambo. The estimated arrival time is 8.00 PM back to your hotel in Cusco.
The Vistadome Observatory is the only train after the Hiram Bingham Luxury Train that allows you to pass from one carriage to another one and also has an Observatory Lounge form where your tour guide will show the most beautiful land spaces and places on the train ride, enjoy the live show and Music.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from your hotel
- Private van from Cusco to Ollantaytambo and viceversa
- Visatadome Observatory Round-trip
- Bus up and down to Machu Picchu
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu
- Lunch at Machu Picchu Hotel
- Professional Tour guide (from hotel to hotel)
- Tour will finish at your hotel
- Tips for your staff (optional)
- Other meals not mentioned
What to Take for this trip:
- Original passport (photocopies are not accepted)
- Valid student card (if you book as a student)
- Good-quality backpack (lightweight, compact and comfortable)
- Water, hat, sunglasses, rain gear, warm clothing
- Sunscreen, insect spray, personal medication
- Camera, spare battery
- Extra snacks, energy bars, chocolate
- Extra Money for souvenirs, drinks, and tips
Important to know before Booking:
- Times may vary depending on train availability.
- This tour does not include meals.
- You can upgrade to a private tour
- You can upgrade to luxury trains or downgrade
Covid-19 measures to keep you safe during traveling:
- Face masks are required for travelers and staff in public areas
- Hand sanitizer is available to travelers and staff at all times
- 100% online payments with no booking fees at all
- Flexible bookings during COVID – 19 outbreak