TreXperience Terms & Conditions
When booking a tour with TreXperience, you agree to all our terms and conditions.
TreXperience is a Local Operator based in Cusco City, located in Av. Ayahuayco Mza O Lote 6, Cusco 08002, Peru. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our team at +51 934944774 or +51957011937.
- Legal name: TREXPERIENCEPERU E.I.
- Name: TreXperience
- RUC: 20602716229
- Address: Av. Ayahuayco Mza O Lote 6, Cusco 08002
For any bookings on our website, you must provide all the passport details requested at the time of booking (full name, passport number, DOB, nationality, gender). Once we get the payment confirmation, we will verify availability and secure the permits. Only after the written confirmation from TreXperience, your tour is 100% confirmed.
To book a tour with TreXperience, you only need to pay a deposit. The amount varies depending on the time and tour you are booking:
- Inca Trail tours: For all tours that include Inca Trails from 2, 4, and 5 days, you need to make an initial payment of 200.USD per person.
- Alternative Treks: For Alternative treks, for all trekking tours that do not include the Inca trail, you need to make an initial deposit of 200.USD per person.
- For all Machu Picchu Tours, including one-day trips by train, you need to deposit 200.USD per person. (This does not apply to luxury tours or packages.)
- For all Luxury Multiday tours, you must make an initial payment of 400.USD per person.
- For Luxury Machu Picchu Full Day Tour, you need to make an initial payment of 200.USD
- You must make an initial payment for Travel Packages from 200 to 800.USD, please visit the tour's page and find the deposit amount required.
- For custom multiday tours with hotels, travelers need to make an initial payment of 30% of the total cost of the tour; this initial payment is not refundable and is non-transferable.
The initial deposit is based on the expenses to book your tours, including Inca Trail permits, Machu Picchu Tickets, Train Tickets, and hotels. The specific amount of deposit needed is mentioned in each tour package, which is non-refundable and non-transferable under any circumstances.
To make a reservation with TreXperience, you must pay an initial deposit on our website using any credit card, bank transfer, or PayPal. Unfortunately, all deposits are non-refundable as they are used to secure your reservation (by purchasing permits, entrance tickets, etc.).
ALTERNATIVE PAYMENT SOLUTIONS:
You can pay to TreXperience using any credit card or bank transfer. We use STRIPE, a payment processor which offers secure and reliable online payment processing. Alternatively, you can pay with PAYPAL. To be able to pay using PayPal, please get in touch with us to send you a personalized link.
Alternatively, you can pay through Western Union, MoneyGram, or WISE. Please get in touch with us, and we will provide more information.
REMAINING BALANCE IN CUSCO:
The remaining balance can be paid online up to 6 days before the tour departure with any credit card and no fees. Or you can pay upon your arrival to Cusco Only in Cash, and we ask that this be paid at least 36 hours before your tour departure. If you can not arrive in Cusco this far before your trek, we ask that you notify our sales team to make arrangements. You can pay in Cash the remaining balance in our office with Peruvian Soles, Dollars (or a combination of your own currency; we do not accept torn bills), or VISA ( 5.5 % merchant fee paid by the traveler).
PAYING THE REMAINING BALANCE ONLINE:
If you would like to pay the remaining balance online, you must pay in full at the time of booking or online up to 6 days prior to departure. In the booking confirmation, there are instructions on how to pay online.
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS:
Unfortunately, all primary deposits are 100% non-refundable since we use this money to book your permits. However, you will benefit from our lifetime deposit guarantee. This means in case of travel restrictions related to COVID-19 or similar Force Majeure events that might prevent you from entering the country, if you cancel your tour up to 48 hours before the departure date, you will not lose your deposit, you will be able to use this amount to book future tours with TreXperience (this only applies in case of force majeure events that affects directly to the tour).
- Please see that to benefit from our lifetime deposit guarantee, you must cancel the tour at least 72 hours before the tour departure, which only applies to Travel Restrictions or Force Majeure events.
- You will have the option to pay in full, in installments, and with flexible payment options. If you cancel any of our tours before 72 hours, you will be refunded the total of your payment minus the deposit.
- The use of this website is governed by Peruvian law.
If you cancel after 72 hours or less before departure:
72 hours or less to the departure: 100% of the total cost is due.
Cancellation during the tour, i.e., unable to continue: 100% of the total cost is due.
Refunds are only processed to the original credit card/account used to make the booking.
Day tours Like Rainbow Mountain, Humantay Lake, Sacred Valley, Maras Moray, and other day tours and day hikes that do not Include Machu Picchu are fully refundable up to 72 hours before departure.
FORCE MAJEURE EVENTS
A force majeure event is an unforeseeable or unpredictable event that prevents someone from fulfilling a contract. In the case of Machu Picchu, a force majeure event could be something like a natural disaster that damages the site or makes it inaccessible. If such an event were to occur, TreXperience, the company responsible for operating Machu Picchu, would not be held liable for any damages.
This includes war or threats of war, riots, strikes, terrorism, disease, natural catastrophes, adverse weather, fire, or similar calamities. TreXperience reserves the right to amend, postpone, or cancel tours in case of force majeure events or a minimum number of travelers unmet. (Cancellation is usually the last option; we would generally offer an alternative option).
PASSPORTS AND VISAS:
Visitors are responsible for ensuring that they have valid visas and passports. Passports are required to be valid for at least 6 months beyond travel dates. TreXperience is not responsible for any passport issues, and guests must verify the visa requirement if applicable and travel with a valid passport.
An adult must accompany all children under the age of 18. Discounts may apply to children under the age of 17.
Please notify your travel agent before or at the time of booking if you travel with children to apply for discounts; we also have baby carriers. You must request it in advance; a last-minute request for a student/children discount is not applicable.
Prices are per person and based on sharing one tent between two people (Shared accommodation). Extra charges might be (35.USD) applicable if you require a personal tent while camping. If you are a solo traveler, you will be paired up with another solo traveler from the same gender.
All rooms are standard twin (two single beds) rooms with private facilities. We can arrange double-bed rooms on request. Hotel upgrades are available. Please let us know in advance of any upgrades / special requests so we can arrange this for you. A single supplement is applicable for single occupancy (35.USD per night).
For group tours, we have 8 travelers with 1 tour guide; if there are 9 travelers or more, we will assign a second tour guide. The maximum group size on the Inca Trail is 16 people per group. We require a minimum of 2 travelers to depart.
We can accommodate any group size as per guest requirements for private tours. If you are traveling to a large party, contact us to request a special quote.
Tipping in Peru is entirely voluntary. Tipping guidelines are provided with your final travel documents during your tour briefing, held the day before your tour.
OUR GUESTS DURING THE TOURS
- Return Train tickets from Machu Picchu are subject to availability. After the tour, the arrival time back to your hotel depends on train availability. TreXperience reserves the right to book the most convenient trains for the group. If you must take specific trains earlier or later, please advise via email in advance; extra charges might apply for last-minute changes.
- While on the tours, you must strictly follow the tour guides' instructions. All Inca sites and places we visit have restrictions that need to be followed. If you have tour issues, please report to your guide or office staff to solve any problems.
- If you cannot continue your tour due to illness or injuries, we will help you return to the nearest medical center or hotel. The traveler must cover helicopter airlifts, transportation, and medical expenses. However, we will provide you with a certificate to help you with your insurance company. Travel insurance is not mandatory, but we recommend buying one for your trip.
- TreXperience reserves the right to cancel, modify, or reschedule the tour in case of bad weather conditions, catastrophes, strikes, or injuries during the trips. In this case, the standard terms and conditions will apply.
- Our Group tours start with 2 people and a maximum of 16 people with 2 tour guides. Group tours are open to everybody. By booking a group tour, you agree to travel with other travelers of different ages, countries, and speeds. Tours can be canceled if the minimum of 2 is not met.
- All our tour guides are fluent in English and native Spanish speakers. All our tours are in English and Spanish unless special requests are made in advance and confirmed by email.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK:
Embarking on an adventure, such as our tours, may involve the risk of illness or injury caused by forces of nature, animals, insects, and flora. By booking your trip, you acknowledge these risks and apply to participate voluntarily.
TreXperience's liability to the guests is limited to the guests' total amount of money paid to TreXperience only. TreXperience will be in no way liable for any direct or indirect loss or damage suffered by the Guest except as expressly provided in these Terms.
The laws of Peru shall govern this website's use, and TreXperience's clients agree to submit any dispute regarding these Terms to the jurisdiction of the courts of Peru.