TreXperience Terms & Conditions
When booking a tour with TreXperience, you agree to all our terms and conditions.
TreXperience is a Local Operator based in Cusco city, located in Av. Ayahuayco Mza O Lote 6, Cusco 08006, Peru. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our team at +5184583726 or +51957011937.
- Legal name: TREXPERIENCEPERU E.I.
- RUC: 20602716229
- Dirección: Av. Ayahuayco Mza O Lote 6, Cusco 08006
- Manager: Priscila Coronel Santos
For any bookings on our website, you must provide all your passport details requested at the time of booking (full name, passport number, DOB, nationality, gender). Once we get the payment confirmation, we will verify availability and secure the permits. Only after the written confirmation from TreXperience, your tour is 100% confirmed.
To Book a tour with TreXperience, you only need to pay a deposit. The amount varies depending on the time you are booking:
- Inca Trail tours: For all tours that include Inca Trails from 2, 4, and 5 days you need to make an initial payment of 200.USD per person.
- Alternative Treks: For Alternative treks, for all trekking tours that do not include the Inca trail, you need to make an initial deposit of 200.USD per person.
- For all Machu Picchu Tours, including one-day trips by train, you need to deposit 200.USD per person. (This does not apply to luxury tours or packages)
- For all Luxury Multiday tours, you need to make an initial payment of 400.USD per person.
- For Luxury Machu Picchu Full day Tour, you need to make an initial payment of 200.USD
- You need to make an initial payment for Travel Packages from 200 to 800.USD, please visit the tour's specific page and find out the particular deposit amount needed.
The initial deposit amount is based on the expenses to book your tours like Inca Trail permits, Machu Picchu Tickets, Train Tickets, and hotels. The specific amount of deposit needed is mentioned in each tour package, which is non-refundable and non-transferable under any circumstances.
To make a reservation with TreXperience, you must pay an initial deposit on our website using any credit card, bank transfer, or PayPal. "No extra Fees with TreXperience."Unfortunately, all deposits are non-refundable as they are used to secure your reservation (by purchasing permits, entrance tickets, etc.).
The remaining balance can be paid upon your arrival to Cusco, and we ask that this be paid at least 36 hours before your tour departure (You can pay online, with any credit card in our office, or in cash). If you can not arrive in Cusco this far in advance of your trek, we ask that you notify your travel agent in advance to make arrangements. You can pay the remaining balance with Peruvian Soles, Dollars (or a combination), or VISA.
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS:
Unfortunately, all primary deposits are 100% non-refundable since we use this money to book your permits. However, you will benefit from our lifetime deposit guarantee. This means in case of travel restrictions related to Covid 19 or similar Force Majeure events that might prevent you from entering the country; you cancel your tour up to 48 hours before the departure date, you will not lose your deposit; you will be able to use this amount to book future tours with TreXperience.
- Please see that to benefit from our lifetime deposit guarantee, you must cancel the tour at least 48 hours before the tour departure and only applies to Travel restrictions or Force Majeure events.
- You will have the option to pay in full, installments, and flexible payment options. If you cancel any of our tours before 48 hours, you will be refunded the total of your payment minus the deposit.
- The use of this website is governed by Peruvian law.
If you cancel after 48 hours or less before departure:
48 hours or less to the departure: 100% of the total cost is due.
Cancellation during the tour, i.e., unable to continue: 100% of the total cost is due.
Refunds are only processed to the original credit card/account used to make the booking.
Day tours Like Rainbow Mountain, Humantay Lake, Sacred Valley, Maras Moray, and other day tours and day hikes that do not Include Machu Picchu are fully refundable up to 48 hours before departure.
FORCE MAJEURE EVENTS
A force majeure event is an unforeseeable or unpredictable event that prevents someone from fulfilling a contract. In the case of Machu Picchu, a force majeure event could be something like a natural disaster that damages the site or makes it inaccessible. If such an event were to occur, the company responsible for operating Machu Picchu would not be held liable for any damages.
This includes war or threats of war, riots, strikes, terrorism, disease, natural catastrophes, adverse weather, fire, or similar calamities. TreXperience reserves the right to amend, postpone, or cancel tours. (cancellation is usually the last option, we would normally offer an alternative option)
PASSPORTS AND VISAS:
Visitors are responsible for ensuring that they have valid visas and passports. Passports are required to be valid for at least 6 months beyond travel dates. TreXperience is not responsible for any passport issues, and guests must verify the visa requirement if applicable and travel with a valid passport.
An adult must accompany all children under the age of 18. Discounts may apply to children under the age of 17.
Please notify your travel agent if you travel with children to apply for discounts; we also have baby carriers. You must request it in advance; Last minute request for a student/children discount is not applicable.
Prices are per person and based on sharing one tent between two people if you require a personal tent while camping, extra charges might be applicable.
All rooms are standard twin (two single beds) rooms with private facilities. We can arrange double-bed rooms on request. Hotel upgrades are available. Please let us know in advance of any upgrades / special requests so we can arrange this for you. A single supplement is applicable for single occupancy.
For group tours, we have 8 travelers with 1 tour guide; if there are 9 travelers or more, we will assign a second tour guide. The maximum group size is 16 people per group on the Inca Trail. We require a minimum of 2 travelers to depart.
We can accommodate the group size as per guest requirements for private tours.
Tipping in Peru is entirely voluntary. Tipping guidelines are provided with your final travel documents during your tour briefing, held the day before your tour.
OUR GUESTS DURING THE TOURS
- Return Train tickets from Machu Picchu are subject to availability. After the tour, the arrival time back to your hotel depends on train availability. TreXperience reserve the right to book the most convenient trains for the group. If you must take earlier or later specific trains, please advise via email in advance, and extra charges might apply.
- While on the tours, you must strictly follow the tour guides' instructions. All Inca sites and places we visit have restrictions and need to be followed. If you have issues with the tours, please report to your guide or office staff to solve any problems.
- If you cannot continue your trekking trips due to illness or injuries, we will help you return to the nearest medical center or your hotel. The traveler must cover helicopter airlifts, transportation, and medical expenses. However, we will provide you with a certificate to help you with your insurance company. Travel insurance is not mandatory, but we recommend buying one for your trip.
- TreXperience reserves the right to cancel, modify or reschedule the tour in case of bad weather conditions, catastrophes, strikes, or injuries during the trips. In this case, the standard terms and conditions will apply.
- Our Group tours start with 2 people and a maximum of 16 people with 2 tour guides. A third guide will be provided if the groups are bigger than 16. Group tours are open to everybody. By booking a group tour, you agree to travel with other travelers of different ages, countries, and speeds. Tours can be canceled if the minimum of 2 is not met.
- All our tour guides are fluent in English and native Spanish speakers. All our tours are done in English unless special requests are in advance.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK:
Embarking on an adventure, such as the tours we offer, may involve the risk of illness or injury caused by forces of nature, animals, insects, and flora. By booking your trip, you acknowledge these risks and apply to participate voluntarily.
TreXperience liability to the guests is limited to the Guest's total amount of money paid to TreXperience only. TreXperience will be in no way liable for any direct or indirect loss or damage suffered by the Guest except as expressly provided in these Terms.
The laws of Peru shall govern this website's use, and TreXperience's clients agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of Peru about any dispute regarding these Terms.