Explore Machu Picchu with an exclusive private tour guide; you will be to help you navigate the large crowds that often visit Machu Picchu. With a private guide, you'll be able to explore the ancient citadel at your own pace and learn about the history and culture of the Incan people.
Our private guide will be able to show you the ins and outs of the citadel of Machu Picchu and ensure that you get the most out of your visit.
- Explore Machu Picchu with a private guide
- Tailor the tour to your specific interests
- Flexible tour times to fit your schedule
- Learn the history of the legendary Incas
Price per group: 80.USD
Groups of 9 or more need to hire 2 tour guides.
Your private tour guide will meet you at the hotel in Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu Pueblo) and walk you to the bus station to drive for 30 minutes to the entrance of Machu Picchu. The tour guide, can you meet you at the Train station or any location in the town.
The meeting time depends on the schedule of your Machu Picchu tickets; we recommend departing the town around 45 minutes before the designated entry to arrive on time at the main entrance of Machu Picchu.
Once you meet with your tour guide, we will walk you to the bus station and travel for 30 minutes to the main checkpoint of Machu Picchu. You must show the original passport and the entrance ticket to Machu Picchu at the main gate.
After the checkpoint, you start the guided tour in Machu Picchu, exploring the best of the citadel and visiting the viewpoint, temples, palaces, and most remarkable buildings in Machu Picchu. The tour takes around 3 hours. Afterwards, you can have some free time or hike the extra mountains (Montaña. Huayna Picchu. Huchu Picchu).
The guided tour can finish at Machu Picchu or take the bus down to Aguas Calientes with the tour guide and walk you back to the hotel or train station.
- Private guide service in Machu Picchu
- 2-3 hours guided tour
- Pick up at your hotel or train station
- Round-trip bus ticket to Machu Picchu
- Machu Picchu entrance ticket
Important information to know before booking
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu is not included (60$)
- Bus tickets to Machu Picchu are not included (26$)
- You can book with us the tickets and buses to Machu Picchu
Machu Picchu Private guide service FAQs
Machu Picchu is an iconic site in Peru and a must-see for any traveler. But it's not just about admiring the ruins; it is best explored with a knowledgeable guide to appreciate all Machu Picchu has to offer. For those looking to hire a private guide for their trip, our blog post will answer some of the most commonly asked questions about hiring a private guide service for Machu Picchu. Learn about pricing, duration, availability, and more as you prepare for your journey.
What is a private guide service?
A private guide is a professional service provided by a local guide in Machu Picchu who accompanies travelers on tours to explore the best of the citadel. Machu Picchu Private guide services can be customized to the traveler's interests and needs and are often more intimate and personal than group tours.
A private guide can also tailor the tour to your interests, so if you have a particular interest in Inca history or architecture, the guide can focus on those aspects for you. Plus, with a private guide, you won't have to worry about keeping up with a large group - they'll go at your pace and make sure you have plenty of time to take photos and enjoy the experience.
How long does it take for the guided service in Machu Picchu?
Most visitors to Machu Picchu only have a short time to explore the site, so it is important to make the most of your time. A private guide can help you make the most of your visit and ensure you see this fantastic site's highlights.
So how long does a guided tour of Machu Picchu take? It depends on your group size and what you want to see. A typical tour will last around 2-3 hours, but this can be extended if you prefer.
What is the best time of year to visit Machu Picchu?
The best time of year to visit Machu Picchu is from April to October. The weather is typically dry and sunny during this time, making it ideal for exploring the ancient site. However, remember that Machu Picchu can be crowded during the high season, so be sure to book your tickets in advance.
If you prefer to avoid crowds, you can visit Machu Picchu during the wet season from November to March, when fewer visitors are expected.
What circuit does the Machu Picchu guide service include?
Our private guide service includes the following circuit in Machu Picchu.
- Machu Picchu Circuit 1
- Machu Picchu Circuit 2
- Machu Picchu Circuit 4 + Hucuhy Picchu
If you have purchased the extra hike Like Montaña or Huayna Picchu, the guided tour to this mountain is not included and is not necessary.
- Montaña Machu Picchu + Circuit 3, if you have purchased this ticket, you can have the guided tour of Machu Picchu before or after the hike to the mountain.
- If you have this ticket, Machu Picchu Circuit 4 + Huayna Picchu, we recommend having the guided tour before the hike; preferably, try to book the last/latest shift.
Remember that you need at least 2 hours for the guided tour in Machu Picchu. If you would like a tour guide for the extra hike in Machu Picchu, like Huayna Picchu or Montaña, don't hesitate to contact us to send you a customized quote.
How many people can our guide service accommodate?
On a private tour, we can accommodate up to 8 people. We will require a second tour guide if you are a party of 9 or more.
What is the average cost of a private Machu Picchu tour?
The average cost of a private Machu Picchu tour is $80 per person. This includes only the cost of the guide service. The traveler must pay entry fees, bus tickets, and meals.
Why hire a TreXperience Tour guide?
There are many local tour guides in Machu Picchu. However, most of them work with the clock; they will complete the 2 hours guide service and finish the tour; some might even take shortcuts as they have another tour waiting.
TreXperience tour guides are experts in Machu Picchu, Inca Trail, Cusco, and other Peru regions. You have a better experience with our knowledgeable tour guides. The best part of our tour guides is that they will travel from Cusco or Cusco to Ollantaytambo to provide you with the service. They enter with you to Machu Picchu and exit with you; they're not in a hurry as they only have one service.
What should I pack for my trip to Machu Picchu?
When visiting Machu Picchu, it is important to pack for rain, sun, and mosquitoes. Below are some essentials you should always have.
- Original Passport, Machu Picchu tickets, bus tickets
- A small backpack or daypack is all you need – leave the big suitcase at the hotel.
- You'll also want to wear comfortable shoes and clothing that can handle a little dirt and grime.
- Sunscreen and hats: The sun is strong in the cloud forest, so pack sunscreen and a hat
- Water: Stay hydrated by packing a reusable water bottle.
- Snacks: Pack some snacks for energy boosts during your trek. Dried fruits, nuts, and chocolate are all good options.
- Rain jacket: Even if the forecast isn't calling for rain, it's always better to be prepared with a rain jacket or poncho.
- Camera: You'll want to document your trip with plenty of photos. But make sure your camera is lightweight and easy to carry
What are the benefits of using a private guide service?
Here are some of the benefits of exploring Machu Picchu with a private guide:
- A private guide will give you undivided attention.
- A private guide can tailor the tour to your specific interests.
- A private guide can provide insights you would not get from a group tour or reading about the site.
- A private guide will ensure you see all the highlights of Machu Picchu and help you avoid any crowds or lines.
- A private guide can offer flexible tour times to fit your schedule.
- A private guide can provide transportation to and from Machu Picchu and accommodation if needed.
- A private guide can help you plan your trip so that you make the most of your time in Peru.
How to choose the right private guide service?
When selecting a private guide service for your Machu Picchu trip, remember a few things.
- It is better to book with a travel company; we hire highly qualified, responsible tour guides.
- Consider the size of your group. You might need a second tour guide if you have a large group.
- Advise the travel company if you travel with children or special needs
What to expect from a private guide service at Machu Picchu?
You can expect a highly personalized and informative experience with a private tour guide in Machu Picchu.
- Your tour guide will meet you at the hotel or Train station and company you to the main entrance of Machu Picchu.
- They will explain the history of Machu Picchu, the Incas, flora, and fauna of the area.
- They will also be able to answer questions about the Inca history and culture.
- He will also manage your time in case you have extra hikes or trains to catch
- With a private guide, you'll be able to explore at your own pace and ensure that you don't miss anything important.
How to make the most of your private guide service experience?
When choosing a private guide service for your Machu Picchu trip, remember a few things.
- Make sure you plan your times accordingly to have enough time for everything.
- Wear proper clothing, comfortable shoes, light jackets, sun protection, and rain gear.
- Advise the tour guide if you have any specific interests or topics to learn
- Ask as many questions as you want.
- Tips are not mandatory but highly appreciated.
Do you offer any other tours in addition to Machu Picchu?
Yes, we also offer tours of the Sacred Valley, city tours, Rainbow Mountain, and any other tour in Cusco. These tours can be customized to your interests and needs. Please contact us for more information.
<div class="to-inquire">To Inquire</div>