Coronavirus in Peru
Updated January 23rd, 2021
New Safety Protocols for International Travels
Due to the new variant of Covid 19 found in many countries and the 3 first cases in Peru, the Peruvian government passed a series of security protocols to help prevent the spread of the virus and minimize the second wave’s effects in Peru. All our tours are confirmed after March 1st, 2021; however, if you are unable to travel, you can reschedule your tour at any time in the future.
- Form January 4th. All travelers arriving in Peru must complete a mandatory 14-day quarantine. On the 6th day, travelers can leave quarantine if they test negative on a molecular Covid-19 test.
- The 14- days quarantine can be completed at any location of their choice (hotels, hostels, Airb&B). The cost of this quarantine is on travelers.
- All travelers must have a negative molecular test for Covid-17 to enter Peru. This test must be no later than 72 hours from the time it was taken.
- Flights from Europe will be suspended until January 31st. Same with flight longer than 8 hours.
- Non-resident travelers from Europe or South Africa (or travelers who have transited there in the last 14 days) cannot enter Peru until January 31, 2021.
- A sworn statement of health is required; click here to download the document.
As of January 13, 2021, there is a daily curfew in all regions in Peru. The curfews in the regions are ranked from Moderate to Very High.
Moderate level alert
- Amazonas, Ayacucho, Huancavelica, Loreto, San Martín y Ucayali.
- Curfew: 11:00 p. m. a 4:00 a. m.
- Arequipa, Apurímac, Cajamarca, Provincia del Callao, Cusco, Huánuco, La Libertad, Lima Metropolitana, Madre de Dios, Moquegua, Pasco, Puno y Tumbes.
- Curfew: 9:00 p. m. a 4:00 a. m.
- Private transportation not allowed on Sundays
Very High-level alert
- Ancash, Ica, Junín, Lambayeque, Lima provincias, Piura y Tacna.
- Curfew: 11:00 p. m. a 4:00 a. m
- Lockdown on Sundays
Update on October 28th:
The Ministry of Transport and Communications (MTC) has announced that from November 1st, Peru will opening to 25 new international flights, including the USA, Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean. With this new expansion, Peru will be allowing a total of 36 destinations.
From October 5th, Peru has been allowing flights from Latin America as part of the Economic Reactivation’s Phase 4. The expansion to more international destinations is with the Ministry of Health (MINSA), and all travelers must comply with international flights’ health protocols.
The new destinations are:
- Los Ángeles
- Nueva York
- Ciudad de México
- La Habana
- Montego Bay
- Punta Cana
- San José
- Toronto (Canadá)
- Sao Paulo
- Foz de Iguazú
- Porto Alegre
- Buenos Aires
- San Salvador
From Ocotber 5th, Peru has opened to 11 destinations from Lima to Guayaquil, La Paz, Quito, Bogotá, Santa Cruz, Cali, Medellín, Panamá, Asunción, Montevideo, and Santiago. Its Important to note that all paseeneger must has a negative molecular test for COVID 19.
Machu Picchu: Although international flights are allowed to Peru, Machu Picchu is still close until November 1st. From November 1st to November 15th, Machu Picchu is reopening with free entry for Peruvian and is complete sold out. For International, Travelers is expected to be open this November, but no date has been confirmed yet.
Inca Trails: the Classic Inca Trail 4-days remain closed, only the Shorter Version (2 days Inca Trail) is opening this November 1st; however, due to the current situation of the country as we are recovering from this pandemic, international visitors are not allowed yet officially. Together with Machu Picchu, the Inca Trails are expected to reopen this November as part of the Economic reactivation Fase 4.
Flexible options for Existing bookings.
All bookings are now transferable to any date in the future, however, they remain non-refundable as the permits, tickets, trains, hotels, and other expenses we incur to organize our tours are not offering any refunds but are being flexible in rescheduling.
In response to COVID-19, we’ve introduced the option to convert the amount you’ve paid to credit for future tours run by TreXperience. We know that it is challenging to decide on a new date due to the current situation and worldwide travel restrictions. For this, we are introducing new flexibilities for all our guests.
- Inca Trail Tours: You can use 100% of your deposit to rebook on any date until December 31st, 2023. Please, keep in mind that permits are released the year before, around the weeks of October. For instance, if you want to rebook for 2021, you need to provide a travel date before October 2020. See HERE for more information about booking for Inca Trail 2021.
Please note that once permits are booked, under normal circumstances, these permits are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Alternative Treks and Tours by Train: You can use the 100% to rebook on any date until December 31st, 2023. You can use the amount paid to book the same tour or any other tour offered by TreXperience. The tours can be rescheduled at any time up to 48 hours before the departure at no cost at all.
Flexible dates for Future bookings.
- Inca Trail Tours: Book your tours in advance and benefit from the 10% discount on our group departures. For all tours for 2020 and 2021, you can change the date of departure with no cost at all until September 30th, 2020.
- Alternative Treks and Tours by Train: Book the best alternative tours and benefit from the group departure discounts. For all future bookings, in case you can’t travel or there are travel restrictions, you can change departure time as many times as necessary with no charges at all.
Coronavirus Travel FAQs
My tour has been suspended or canceled – what happens?
Suppose you have a tour scheduled to depart between March 16th, 2020, and October 5th, 2020. You will be able to rebook the same tour or any other tours with TreXperience at no extra fees. All rebookings will also automatically apply the 10% discount, or you can have a complimentary day tour for all your party (City tour, Sacred Valley, Humantay Lake, or Rainbow Mountain tour).
If you have a tour from October 5th onwards, please contact us if you cannot travel; the TreXperience team will help you reschedule your tour at no extra cost.
How to convert my deposit into credit for future tours?
Please send us an email to Info@trexperienceperu.com or call +51 957 011 937; you can contact us on WhatsApp and the same number; you need to specify the date, number of travelers.
When do I need to provide a new travel date?
For Inca Trail tours, if you plan to rebook for this year, 2020, the earlier you provide a travel date, the better to get your preferred date. Please keep in mind that permits tend to sell out fast. For 2021, the ideal is to provide a travel date before October of this year. The 2021 Inca Trail will be released in the first weeks of October 2020.
For Alternative tours, you can rebook at any time in the future, depending on departure availability. The tours can be rescheduled in need at no cost at all.
What happens if we still have travel restrictions on my travel date?
If we still have travel restrictions when your travel date, we will assist you and rebook with no extra cost.
Can I change the number of travelers and names?
Only for rebookings, you will be able to transfer your reservation and deposit to any friend or family member. For Inca Trail tours can be done before we book the new permits. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Humble Message from TreXperience
TreXperience is a local Peruvian tour company. We are committed to helping all our guests, staff, and community during this challenging situation. Initially, we never thought that Coronavirus was going to affect so harmfully the whole world. We know things are getting tough everywhere; everything has stopped, millions of jobs lost in Peru, especially in Cusco, a 90% tourism-based city. TreXperience has decided not to lay off any of our regular staff, and we are supporting with monthly bonuses to all our porters, chef, and guides.
If you cannot reschedule, the non-refundable deposit will go straight to support our porters, chefs, and all our staff in a more vulnerable situation.
If you cancel your tour now and decide to travel to Peru later in the future, please send us an email, and we will reactivate your booking, and your deposit will be used for your new tour. This way, we will make sure you do not lose any money, but you also help us support our staff.
Founder of TreXperience